This page has moved to a new address.

The Applesauce Switcharoo

Shelf Reliance Mom: The Applesauce Switcharoo

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Applesauce Switcharoo


Many of you probably already know this but I am a quick healthy-tip switch kind of person so I am constantly substituting applesauce for oil in anything and everything. This will save me a step in my Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, Caramel Apple Wheat Pancakes, many Banana Bread and Zucchini Bread recipes, Pumpkin Bread, Cinnamon Streussal Pancakes, basically any baked good that would call for oil. If you are new to this tip and are unsure of what I am talking about, you simple substitute applesauce for oil cup for cup in your baking recipes. This reduces the fat content (if replacing 1 cup of Canola Oil for applesauce) by 218 grams and 1822 calories, plus you're adding in a little fruit with vitamins. So if you had a loaf of zucchini bread that called for 1 cup of oil and you split it into a dozen muffins, that trick alone would save you 152 calories and 18 grams of fat per muffin!   Thank you Shelf Reliance for helping me make more recipes healthier one step at a time.

Wow, I didn't even start thinking about all of the gallons and gallons of applesauce my kids eat in a year. Hmmmm... I wonder how many cases I'll need to buy?

What healthy substitution do you like to use in your cooking? What food can't you live without?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home