This page has moved to a new address.

Freeze Dried Raspberries: Ruby Gems of Deliciousness

Shelf Reliance Mom: Freeze Dried Raspberries: Ruby Gems of Deliciousness

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Freeze Dried Raspberries: Ruby Gems of Deliciousness


Raspberries, mmmmmm... raspberries. I confess that my whole married life I've only bought fresh raspberries maybe 4 or 5 times. It frustrates me to no end that I spend $5 on a little carton of berries that I only get to use about 1/3 or ½ of and then they rot. (Yes, berries are quite expensive here) Once I bought raspberries and they were moldy a day and a half later- seriously? I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not.  The time it went bad that quickly I had even planned to freeze them so the molding process didn't have time to happen so it was all the more infuriating since I thought I was being so smart. I hope this is just a phenomena that occurs because I live in NM , far away from anyone who would make fresh raspberries. Needless to say I was done with them.

Enter Freeze Dried Raspberries. My oh my these ruby gems are amazing. Depending on if you get a crop that is tart or one that is sweet, they are fantastic. I could snack on them right out of the can, use them in desserts, smoothies, breakfast and my personal favorite, granola.  I bring it to every food demonstration or party I ever attend.  These retail at $33.69, but now for the month of November, these are on sale for online customers for $29.69 and Q customers for28.69. This is unbeatable. When I was thinking about all of the raspberries I've wasted and thrown away, I realized I could have bought a can of these raspberries that last for 25 years sealed and 18 months once opened, and used what I had in the past and still had plenty more to use with any waste, loss of flavor, or even nutrition. Needless to say, I use raspberries more often now!

To read about other products that are currently on sale through November, they include Beans, Sour Cream Powder, Yogurt 6 pack, Bacon TVP, Sugar, Potato Chunks, Instant Rice and Maceroni.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home