This page has moved to a new address.

Has the time to prepare come and gone?

Shelf Reliance Mom: Has the time to prepare come and gone?

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Has the time to prepare come and gone?

Day 9- Are you ready to run?
There are 3 responses I get when I tell people what I do: 1. Laughing,  "You're crazy... Do you really think something like that could happen?" 2. That makes sense, but it's not important yet. 3.  "Oh my goodness, sign me up.  There is so much going on right now that I would love to have some supplies as soon as possible.  I have a friend that had .... happen.  Did you know that .... is happening in other parts of the world?"






There are events going down all over the world that are forcing people to leave their homes at a moment's notice.  What would you grab?  This (as well as a plan of action that my husband and I are writing) is what we have decided to keep as a top priority in our preparedness.  This 2 person survival kit is actually on sale for 51% off right now when you purchase it through my website.  Of course we sell tons of other kits, too, I just truly appreciate this one because it is so accessible for most people.  If you'd like to learn more about how to prepare, you can visit these other articles, What's your plan?Food Storage isn't necessarily perfect, but it's perfectly necessary: Lessons from JapanWould you be ready in 10 minutes.  Today, I wanted to give you a little food for thought so you'd understand why we think its necessary.


Are any of these scenes familiar to you?
Hopefully the answer was no, but if you've watched the news lately, its impossible not to hear about record tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, crop failure, drought, flooding, snowfall, heat, and cooling....  I read this article today and it just opened my eyes so much to what I already knew existed.  I hope that it stirs something within you to make you want to get your family ready.  If you have any  questions or comments, feel free to leave them below or email me at TiffsTreasures@gmail.com.

Here's the opening point of the article:

"     Here are some headlines from the past several days:
     “2011 Tornado Season has seen increase in Storms, Record Death Toll”
  • “Missouri River Flood of 2011 one for the History Books”
  • “The recent floods and tornado outbreaks mark the most costly disaster in American history”
  • “Food price shock ahead”.
     All of these are headlines seen in the past few days in June. Is the time for preparing past?
     No, but it will now be much more expensive than it would have been just a few months ago.
     ...that alone is not the most interesting part of the story. What we should really be taking note of is the fact that we are returning to the weather patterns of the 1950s and 1960s. During those years there were serious weather conditions which hit the northeast coast of North America, the jet stream lowered its path, and temperatures were confused – it was much colder in normally warm areas, and much warmer in normally cool areas."

She goes on to talk about all of the immense crop failures which China is currently experiencing which is causing China to buy out much of the food supplies that the US and Canada would otherwise have depended upon, thus we will be getting a later food shortage shock.  She points out that while the time to prepare has not passed, what we are preparing for has already begun. Food is now pricier and less available than it was at one point in time, but it is going to get worse, much worse....so act now!

To learn more about this article, please visit Has the Time for Preparation Passed? By Carolyn Nicolaysen.
 I am not writing this to be preachy, but I just want you to know that I hope that you are in a position to do whatever it takes to prepare your families for whatever may come our way.  Until just a few days ago, our little town had experienced a record breaking amount of days without rain (over 120).  We were blessed to get some for an evening but are still in great need.  While we are experiencing this, there are raging fires in AZ which are close to power lines that I've heard supply 40% of the electricity to the company from which we get our electricity.  Lack of electricity means no AC during summers that are commonly over 100 degrees.  If you are from my area and have heard about the fires in Arizona, you should go here to learn more about the need for rolling black outs.  Still yet I have friends in other parts of the US who are drowning in rain, while still more are suffering from the effects of the tornadoes.  We have an eagle scout locally who was originally collecting hygiene kits for the Haiti victims, then with Japan happening, that became his next priority until all of a sudden things just a few states away occurred.  It is my personal feeling that things are going to continue to get worse and closer to home.  Please do whatever you can to get prepared in whatever means you think necessary.  Let me be clear and tell you that this is NOT an ad for my business, if you'd like my products, fine, but if you can afford some things from the cannery great, Sams or Costco, fantastic, wherever, SUPER.  Just do what you can to get your families ready, please.  My thoughts and prayers are with each of you.  Thank you!


Remember that if you are going to purchase products from Shelf Reliance, I can sell them to you for the best rate available (cheaper than Costco) as long as you go to my direct website by clicking here.  I'm your coupon! Best of Luck.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home