This page has moved to a new address.

Slave to Sugar- no longer!

Shelf Reliance Mom: Slave to Sugar- no longer!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Slave to Sugar- no longer!

Many of you who know me personally know that I am currently trying to cut sugar and large amounts of meat out of my life.  I still eat these things, but try to do so in smaller amounts.  (I allow myself sweets at my mother-in-laws house, but not my own;) I am trying to get back to the basics of grains, fruits and veggies.  For any of you who have tried to fight this addiction you might have noticed that it can be pretty tough.  Even when not eating candy, there is plenty of added sugar in EVERYTHING just trying to keep you hooked.  How many people honestly eat only 1 serving of cereal....ever checked out how many grams of sugar are in only 1 serving?  In most cereals there can be as much as a day's worth of sugar in 1 serving! Ouch... and you thought you were being good by skipping out on the pancakes, waffles and French toast.  I saw this new study when I was thinking about it and thought I'd share.


Basically, it found out that 94% of the rats in the study preferred sugar to water or even COCAINE.  I really love to not think that I need something sweet each day or after each meal on some days, so I'm trying to cut down....that is if I don't have someone bring cookies to each meeting :) (They really were awesome, Lisa!) Join me in this quest to cut out sugar from your day.  Give yourself a day or two days a week if you need to have a time to look forward to splurging, then keep yourself honest.  I have found that when I do this, I am more likely to choose healthier things like fruits or veggies as snacks to ease the hunger pains between meals creating an even greater change.


Everyone keeps asking how I've been losing weight lately and the honest to goodness truth is I've been snacking on Freeze Dried food lately rather than Easter candy...Hallelujah!!!  Even if you don't have FD on your side, I'm sure that you can find something that will ease the sugar need so just give it a try!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home