This page has moved to a new address.

The many uses of THRIVE fruit powder

Shelf Reliance Mom: The many uses of THRIVE fruit powder

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The many uses of THRIVE fruit powder

Yum.. my mouth waters just thinking of it.  Many people who have finished a can of THRIVE fruit have noticed that there is some powder at the bottom just waiting to be used. DON'T THROW IT AWAY!!! This awesome powder has so many uses, the possibilities are endless.


My Top Uses


1. Baby Food
2. Smoothies
3. Flavored Apple Sauce
4. Flavored Butter for Rolls
5. Excellent pancake, waffle, or French toast batter
6. Flavored Oatmeal
7. Fruit sauce for breakfast food or to put on ice cream...
         Need I say more?


I'm sure that most of you are much more creative than I, but this will at least get you started.   So if you are needing a bit more guidance, I will help you out.


For baby food, I just mix it with warm water and a little baby oatmeal until it is the consistency that my baby is currently working on.


Smoothies: no need to change up what you've been doing, just add a few spoonfuls of this into your regular mix and it will just boost the flavor and nutritional content.


Flavored Apple sauce: I thought of this one when I was at my mother-in-laws house.  My son gulped down 2 containers of flavored apple sauce before I got to read the label-ouch! Tons of added sugar and high fructose corn syrup.  You can just add a spoonful (and a little water to help it maintain the consistency of apple sauce) to whatever natural apple sauce you currently use to provide a wonderful change of flavor and to once again boost the nutritional content of the snack.


Flavored Butter: Adapted from another consultant's site called Cooking With My Food Storage


THRIVE Fruit Butter Spread
1/2 c butter powder
1 T sugar
3 T THRIVE fruit powder (whatever you have on hand, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries...)
2 T Water


Pancake, Waffle or French Toast Mix: Just add the powder to your batter before cooking and it tastes awesome.  Note: I've been told that Strawberry isn't the greatest for this use, but I've personally tried blueberries and peaches and both were fantastic.


Flavored Oatmeal: While visiting in UT, I had an aunt who put fruit and yogurt on her oatmeal to flavor it rather than sugar.  It was a BRILLIANT idea which we love in my family.  However, my little guy who is usually a fruit lover wasn't sure about the big chunks of fruit.  We use fruit powder in his so he gets the great flavor and nutrition without provoking the gag reflex :)


THRIVE Fruit Syrup
1/4 c fruit powder
1/2 c sugar (or you can use corn syrup instead)
Water


I put the ingredients in a saucepan on low heat and continually mix them.  I just start with about a cup of water and mix in more until it is a little thinner consistency.  I let it boil and continually mix it for about a minute, then turn off the heat and let it set for a little bit.  I just keep this in a little plastic container in my fridge afterwards and have kept it for over a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home