This page has moved to a new address.

Why pancakes are fluffy... and another great sale.

Shelf Reliance Mom: Why pancakes are fluffy... and another great sale.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Why pancakes are fluffy... and another great sale.

FOODS THAT MAKE LIFE LOVELY...CONTINUED
I told you life would be nothing without cheese a couple of days ago....but, you know what else life would be terrible without?

Bread.  Need I say more?

Probably not, but I'm going to.  Bread or carbs in general are another one of those things that I just would be crushed to live without.  

That's me, Sister Crystal
& Brother Tommy
Here's a story for you:
There was once a girl who hated pancakes and wanted to cry every time she heard her brother or sister request them for breakfast.  One day, this girl discovered something magical.... pancakes need not consist of Bisquik.  Wow!

If you couldn't guess, I was the damsel in distress.  I'm sure that Bisquick holds a special place in Mothers' hearts all over America, but in mine, it does not.  But you want to know what does?

Baking Soda.
Baking Powder.
Eggs.
Salt.
Yeast.

All of the wonderful things that turn flour into different delectable textures and help bubbles rise to make pancakes fluffy and magical!



Shelf Reliance doesn't sell yeast YET but I'm sure if we beg enough we can get it on the list.  For those of you who agree that life would not be the same if you didn't have at least a daily dose of carbs, please join me in requesting Shelf Reliance add yeast to their list of products to add to the list.

In the past, I've bought my yeast at Sams because they have a fantastic price on bulk yeast.  The only downside to this is that it is not long term shelf stable.  However, if you can, put yours in the freezer and that will extend the life of the yeast significantly!

Courtesy of Two Peas and their Pod
Cinnamon Struessal Pancakes


For some of my favorite pancake recipes and a bread machine wheat bread (This means being too busy in not an excuse for not making bread!)
Cinnamon Struessal
Cornmeal Pancakes  I have my own recipe adapted from this one and thought I'd posted it already, but I'll have to do that once life has slowed down after the move :)
Apple Wheat Pancakes
Whole Wheat Machine Bread




Don't forget to stock up on baking soda, baking powder, and salt when buying other baking essentials.  I would hate for you to have to rely on Bisquik :)

What are your favorite bread, or breakfasty food recipes?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home