This page has moved to a new address.

Basic Cooked Rice

Shelf Reliance Mom: Basic Cooked Rice

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Basic Cooked Rice

I use rice pretty often in my cooking because it is inexpensive, filling and picks up amazing flavors of whatever its combined with.  If you are new to cooking and need a basic go to recipe, here it is!

If you are combining this with the Sweet and Sour Pork (or Chicken) recipe, you will need to double th ingredients.  This recipe makes 4 cups of rice.

Ingredients:
2 c rice
4 c water
2 T butter (or butter powder)

Combine all ingredients in a medium pot.  Bring all ingredients to a boil, then reduce to a light simmer, cover and leave on simmer for 15-20 minutes.  Do not stir! 

Note:  My stovetop gets hot easily so I already know that I have to add more water to the things I boil anyway so I actually do an extra half cup of water.  Adjust to your stove tops needs.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home