This page has moved to a new address.

Classic Banana Bread Recipe

Shelf Reliance Mom: Classic Banana Bread Recipe

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Classic Banana Bread Recipe

We were asked to bring recipes to exchange at the Ignite Convention being held in Salt Lake, so I decided I would bring a Banana Bread Recipe.  I don't know if most of you are like me, but I love adding bananas to muffins, pancakes, breads and many other things. They allow for sweetness that you don't have to feel guilty about!  What would food storage be without a banana bread recipe?  I'm so happy that THRIVE has wonderful reyhydratable bananas which I know hold up to my standards for baking :)  This recipe was adapted from the Cooking Light website, but I just had to make it THRIVE friendly.

Classic Banana Bread
3 c warm water                      1 c sugar
1 ¾ c THRIVE banana slices ¼ c THRIVE butter powder
2 c all-purpose flour              2 ½ T THRIVE egg powder
3/4 t baking soda                   1/3 c yogurt or sour cream
1/2 t salt                                  1 t vanilla
Cooking spray                         2-3 T brown sugar

Place banana slices and warm water in a bowl as set aside.  Once bananas are rehydrated, save the liquid as you drain them.  Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Place sugar, butter, egg powder and ½ c of reserved water in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

Note: I haven’t made this with THRIVE powder sour cream yet, but I can’t wait to try it out!  I would also recommend the chocolate swirl recipe.


To order any of the above ingredients, just go to www.shelfreliancemom.shelfreliance.com . Thanks!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home