This page has moved to a new address.

Powdered eggs and Cookie Dough, to eat or not to eat... that is the question!

Shelf Reliance Mom: Powdered eggs and Cookie Dough, to eat or not to eat... that is the question!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Powdered eggs and Cookie Dough, to eat or not to eat... that is the question!

I must admit, this is one of the selling points that made me become a Shelf Reliance Consultant.  I know that sounds pathetic, but let me tell you how amazing these powdered eggs are... I now use them in my muffins, breads, cookies, pancakes, cakes, stir fry... and soon I will be trying them just as scrambled eggs or omelets.  It makes everything fluffier.  In fact, many professional cooks prefer to use powdered eggs because they get consistent results EVERY TIME!!!

CAN'T BEAT THE PRICE
This was the first  item I bought THRIVE foods from Shelf Reliance because I was a little skeptical and wanted to compare some prices. I thought I would see how they were able to price the eggs the way they did for parties thinking, there must be a huge mark up because they are selling it at a party. I was totally shocked when I saw that a competitor is selling a #10 can for $18. Our #10 can goes for around $20 give or take depending on sales... but here's the magic... the other company's can had around 80 and ours has 236!!! Yes that is right, 236.  I used to be excited when the grocery store had a dozen eggs on sale for less than a dollar but that is the price you ALWAYS get.  Plus, if you were to have a party and use 50% off credit to get them...you would have only spent around $10 for 20 DOZEN eggs!!! You will never run out of eggs when you are making cookies again.  

Okay, so where am I going with this? 
One day I was thinking about food storage and wondered how would I be able to store enough eggs for my family for a year.  The shelf life of eggs is 4-5 weeks depending on how they were refrigerated. That is 4-5 weeks from when the chicken laid the egg, so by the time it made it from the farm, to your grocery store, then to your fridge, it actually only has about 3-4 weeks.  Then, there is the problem of storing eggs. My family uses about 3-4 dozen a month, so we use about 500 eggs. Where do you find the room to store 42 cartons of eggs? In 2 convenient #10 cans, of course!

YOU CAN EAT THE COOKIE DOUGH!
Oh, I forgot to mention the BEST part of all.  The process they use in freeze drying the eggs kills all of the Salmonella.  What does that mean? No more getting mad at the kids for snitching in the cookie dough.  When you are craving cookie dough and you are pregnant, you can just give in!  Also it isn't so messy for when you are doing fun things like caramelizing pecans or making those cinnamon sugar almonds that they sell at the mall.  Powdered eggs are amazing.

Go to www.shelfreliancemom.shelfreliance.com to learn more about this and many more products.

Email me at TiffsTreasures@gmail.com 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home