This page has moved to a new address.

Easy Omelet Recipe

Shelf Reliance Mom: Easy Omelet Recipe

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Easy Omelet Recipe

Making a healthy, high protein and vegetable, low fat and calorie breakfast is simple with THRIVE foods.  I get a lot of people who ask if I eat the powdered eggs when they are not in baked goods.  Honestly,  I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet so today I took the plunge and found out that I absolutely love it and will have to make it a regular occurrence! I like omelets, but for some reason find it difficult to do.  I don't like the sliminess that can be left on top if you don't get it to slide around in the pan correctly, so I don't make them very often.  This recipe was so easy and adaptable to anyone's taste that I had to make a post about it!
Quick 'n Easy Omelet
2 T THRIVE Egg Powder
2 t THRIVE Onions
2 t THRIVE Bell Peppers
1 t THRIVE Powdered Milk
5 1/2 T Hot Water
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 T cheese

Measure out all of the ingredients and let sit together in a small cereal to allow the veggies, eggs and milk to rehydrate.  After 5 minutes, mix ingredients with a fork to make sure all of the powdered milk lumps have been broken up.  Heat up a frying pan, spray with non-stick cooking spray and pour your egg mixture on. Allow to cook at low heat for a couple minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top, fold over, then serve immediately. Viola!

This is just a base recipe, change it up to feature mushrooms, ham, or any of the vegetables or meats that you enjoy most.  Salsa would also add some delicious flavor. Let me know if there is a combo you enjoy and I'll give it a try. 

Just a note: If you are adding some THRIVE ingredients that aren't supposed to be rehydrated (ie TVP Bacon), just add them on top when you add the cheese so it doesn't make them soft if its not supposed to be soft!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home