This page has moved to a new address.

Let the Recipes begin!

Shelf Reliance Mom: Let the Recipes begin!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let the Recipes begin!

Everyone who knows me at all knows I love to find and try new recipes.  I was wanting to try out my new Thrive Apple Drink mix (which smelt amazing as soon as I began opening the can, yum!), but knew I wanted to do something different than just the regular Apple Drink.  Last Saturday I was at a baby shower where they had Wassail and I was in Heaven.  I loved this hot drink which was perfect for the beginning of Winter in good ole New Mexico. I adapted my own recipe from a few online at allrecipes.com. If you have some Thrive Apple Drink mix already, you should give this a try if you like Apple Cider-y drinks. New to Shelf Reliance? Come to one of my upcoming parties or host your own to try this fabulous taste of the Christmas season!

     Tiffany’s Thrive Wassail
1 ½ c Thrive Apple Drink                   ½ t ground cloves
12 c water                                              1 t ground cinnamon
1 ½ c Orange Juice                               dash ginger
2 T Brown Sugar                                 dash nutmeg
¾ c pineapple juice                               ½ t lemon juice
Slow Cook
Combine water and Thrive Apple Drink mix, then add remaining ingredients. Stir occasionally.  Let sit on low 6-8 hours. For added flavor, you can cook with 2-3 cinnamon sticks.
In a Hurry!
In a saucepan combine half of the water and Thrive Apple Drink mix and stir until well mixed. Add the remaining water and other ingredients and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30.  This method works best with real cinnamon sticks and a few whole cloves.


To order any Shelf Reliance or THRIVE products, just go to www.shelfreliancemom.shelfreliance.com .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home