This page has moved to a new address.

Mini Corn Dogs

Shelf Reliance Mom: Mini Corn Dogs

Friday, March 8, 2013

Mini Corn Dogs


Today I am posting my very first recipe so please bare with me! AND I could not find my camera anywhere, so I had to use my cell phone. I am completely embarrassed.

My childhood best friend made these for my brother's family when their third baby girl was born. I stayed with them that week to help out with older girls and so I got to enjoy all of the delicious meals that people brought to them. I must admit I couldn't stop eating these and immediately asked her for the recipe. I make these at least once a month and keep them in the fridge. I just pop them in the microwave to heat em up. My husband and son both approve.

You can find the original recipe here.

I should mention first that you will need a mini muffin tin. I hate when you read through a recipe that you are chomping at the bit to make only to discover that you don't have the proper cooking utensils. I had to go out and buy the mini muffin tin for this recipe but it was worth it. Now let's get to it.

Gather together sugar, butter (not pictured), apple sauce, buttermilk, eggs, flour, cornmeal, salt, baking soda, and hotdogs.
 Whisk together the sugar, butter, eggs, and buttermilk.

In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking soda.

 Add the wet ingredients to the dry.

 Spoon 1 Tbs of batter into muffin cups and put a hotdog piece in each. Bake for 12-18 minutes

Feed to your hungry toddler with some ketchup and enjoy.
Ingredients:
1/2 c. melted butter (or 1/4 c. melted butter and 1/4 c. applesauce)
1/2 c. sugar (you can make this with Stevia or Splenda but my husband swears he can tell the difference)
2 eggs
1 c. buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk don't worry, just add 1 Tbs white vinegar to 1 c. milk, stir and let sit a couple minutes)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c. cornmeal
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp salt
8-10 hotdogs cut into 1" pieces (the original recipe uses Hebrew's National, but any of the "skinnier" kind work. The chubby ones just take up too much room)

First preheat the oven to 375 and spray your mini muffin tin.
Mix together the butter, sugar in a small bowl. Whisk in the eggs followed by the buttermilk.
In another bowl mix together your dry ingredients.
Whisk your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients mixing well.
Spoon about 1 Tbs of batter into the muffin cups.
Place a hotdog piece into each cup.
Bake for 8-12 minutes. Cool in muffin tin for minutes.
To reheat just pop in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.

Enjoy and don't forget the ketchup!

PS. Don't forget to check out our Giveaway that's starting in less than a week.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home