This page has moved to a new address.

Cinnamon Bread

Shelf Reliance Mom: Cinnamon Bread

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cinnamon Bread

I have major issues. I tend to be really spacey, and a procrastinator. Not a good combination. Add in pregnancy brain and it's a disaster. I found myself washing my hair with body wash Sunday. Body wash! I totally dropped the ball last week on posting. Luckily Tiffany is amazing and filled in for me. Then when I went to make my recipe for today's post I was missing the most important ingredient...the Strawberries! My THRIVE shipment should be here any day and there is a can of Strawberries in it just for me and I am so excited! So be on the look out for my next post about Strawberries.

I found this recipe where I find all my recipes these days, Pinterest. I made it for the first time last week for my Father-in-law's birthday. It was so good and easy that I made it again! And once again I have to apologize for the pictures. I don't know what's going on but they uploaded terribly!

You can find the original recipe here.

This bread is easy and delicious and definitely NOT diabetic friendly. It makes two loaves and you will have a hard time not cutting into that second loaf right away.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs (I used fresh the first time, and THRIVE the second and it turned out delicious!)
2 cups buttermilk
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 and grease or spray 2 loaf pans.
Cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs.
Mix in buttermilk, flour, and baking soda.
Spread 1/4 of the batter into each loaf pan.
Mix the 2/3 cups sugar and cinnamon together.
Sprinkle 1/3(ish) of cinnamon sugar over batter.
Spread the remaining half of batter in 1/4's again.
Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over batter.
Use a knife to swirl the batter around.
The batter is really thick so it's kind of hard to do and it doesn't look very pretty. Just kind of spread it out when you're done swirling. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. It smells like snickerdoodles, heavenly!









Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home