This page has moved to a new address.

Blueberry Strawberry Pancakes

Shelf Reliance Mom: Blueberry Strawberry Pancakes

Friday, May 3, 2013

Blueberry Strawberry Pancakes

If you asked me what my favorite food was you might see a puzzled look cross my face. I can never answer that question. How do you pick just one?! Pancakes, however, would be at the very top of the list.

There is just something about a pancake that makes everything in the world right. Eating a good pancake is like coming home after a long trip. When I was younger and lived with my childhood friend we would have "midnight pancakes". Every once in a while we would bust out the skillet and bisquick and gorge ourselves on pancakes oozing with syrup in the middle of the night.

Now that I am older and have my own kitchen I love trying new pancake recipes, with new ingredients.

So this month because I'm pregnant and because I love pancakes, every Friday I will be sharing a new pancake recipe with you.

I made these for breakfast this morning and they were so good I ate them before I remembered to take a picture. So just use your imagination ;)

You Will Need:
1 cup flour (white, wheat, or whole wheat pastry flour all work)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup plain greek yogurt
2 eggs
2 Tbs honey
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbs milk (almond, soy, whole, skim, whatever)
1 cup blueberries
1 cup strawberries

Directions:
First put 1 cup THRIVE blueberries in a bowl with 1 cup water. In a 2nd bowl put 1 cup strawberries and 3/4 cup water.
In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
In another bowl mix yogurt, eggs, honey, vanilla, and milk.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together in the large bowl. The batter will be pretty thick, you can add another tablespoon or 2 of milk if you'd like.
Drain blueberries and strawberries and fold into batter.
Pour into a heated skillet and cook until golden. Since these pancakes are thick make sure the inside is cooked through (while somehow managing to not burn the outside)
Serve with maple syrup, agave, or even peanut butter. Yum!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home