This page has moved to a new address.

Mama Mondays - Flourishing Family

Shelf Reliance Mom: Mama Mondays - Flourishing Family

Monday, April 15, 2013

Mama Mondays - Flourishing Family

Ok....So I know that I promised everyone an amazing STIR FRY recipe today....but I changed my mind. Here is why. I got to visit with my family this weekend and it reminded me what I LOVE about being a part of a flourishing family! I am gonna start a series every 3rd Monday of the month all about good family recipes! What I remember the most about growing up in my family, is that we homemade most of our food. All of my friends were jealous every time they came over and mom was making homemade bread!!! MMMMMM!!!!!! The whole neighborhood smelled good!

It got me thinking, bread is something that as kids we really depended on for a staple in our diets. No matter how many times my mom made it....and she made it pretty often, we were always excited to eat it!!! I remember that my mom could get us to try anything new, as long as it was accompanied by her yummy bread!!!
Now that I am grown and have my own little family, I love getting to provide the same thing for my family. We love making our own bread! We know exactly what is in it and that it is healthy! So today I am gonna show you just how easy it is to make your own delicious bread! You are excited right?!

Here is what you will need:
4 Tablespoons THRIVE White Sugar
4 Tablespoons Yeast
4 C. Warm Water
4 C. Warm THRIVE Milk
2/3 C. Oil (I love coconut oil!)
3 Tablespoons THRIVE Salt
18 C THRIVE Flour (I use a mixture of
whole wheat and white flour, but you can
 use any type of flour that you like...this is
easily adapted to gluten free with THRIVE rice flour)
 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Combine Sugar, yeast and warm water. Let sit for 15 minutes covered with a towel.
Combine milk, oil, salt, and 8 cups of your flour in a separate bowl. Add yeast mixture. Reserve 2 cups of flour to knead with. Slowly add the remainder of your flour.
Grease your pans and set aside.  
Pour dough out onto a floured surface and knead only a few times. (I usually only knead until I can handle the dough quickly without is being sticky) Form into loaves that are roughly ½ the height of your pan.
Put your dough into your pans and sit them on top of the stove. Cover with a towel and allow them to rise to double their size.
Bake @ 425 degrees for 10 minutes
Turn the oven down to 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Pull them out of the oven and rub them with butter right away. Let them cool then enjoy!!!
Simple Right!!! It will be a big hit...Promise!!!
 
Anytime we make homemade bread....we have to mix up some of this little gem!
Cinnamon
It tastes like the stuff you get at Texas Roadhouse or Chuck-A-Rama!!! I LOVE it!!!
Happy Monday!!!
 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home