This page has moved to a new address.

Cooking Once a Week... Now that is genious!

Shelf Reliance Mom: Cooking Once a Week... Now that is genious!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cooking Once a Week... Now that is genious!

My son is in Joyschool and there are a group of us moms who were each feeling overwhelmed with life...aren't we all?  Anywho- one of the girls suggested that her sister in Arizona does something called Meal Swapping.  Basically you get a group of 4-5 people who each choose a night of the week to be their night to cook.  Once a month you have a little planning meeting and decide what kind of meals you are thinking about doing on your days for the month and develop a little meal plan aka menu...I know, I sound so French, right?!

Well, we decided on a time and a chose a date.  Once a week you cook all day (: or if you are really smart you pick a rocking easy recipe and then deliver meals to the other families.  This means that you get to rest the remainder of the week knowing that a hot dinner will be delivered to your door.  The great thing is we all try to make a little extra food (who'da thought) and have them as leftovers for either lunches the next day or remaining nights of the week for which there is no one assigned.

I'll take whatever you've got in that pot, thank you!

Well, we just survived month 1 of this venture and I love it.  We are meeting tomorrow to figure out plans of what to make for the upcoming month.  Tell me, have you ever heard of this?  Have you ever participated?  What kind of food would you use to wow em if you were to swap dinners with other families?

4 Comments:

At April 5, 2012 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Mat and Jamie said...

ive heard of once a month cooking groups but you work together and freeze meals. This sounds awesome.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Tiffany Daumueller said...

Yeh, me too. That does sound kind of nice to get a month of meals knocked out in a day. The reason why we did it this way is not all of us have room in a freezer. I think I'm going to look into freezer meals as part of what I'll pitch in :) This one is one of my favorites: http://dealstomeals.blogspot.com/2011/03/black-bean-enchiladas-great-freezer.html

 
At April 16, 2012 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Krisi said...

We bring meals when people are sick and I have thought how great it would be to do meals when we are not sick and just want something delivered! Great idea.

 
At April 16, 2012 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Tiffany Daumueller said...

Thanks Krisi! We love it. Its my turn to feed people tomorrow...I better get to thinking what I'm going to cook!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home